Website Atlanta Precision Metal Forming
Looking for your next opportunity in the fast paced and exciting field of automotive manufacturing? Look no further!
Join our team as our newest Quality Engineer! This position requires you to be responsible for:
- Participation in the APQP process for each new and revised part.
- Complete PPAP submission following customer required formats.
- Evaluate CMM reports and provide root cause analysis to the APQP team.
- Evaluate tests results to ensure compliance (both APMF and Supplier).
- Follow up on PPAP status with customer and advise any road blocks of achieving approved status to the APQP team and to QA Manager.
- Coordinate the quality startup and containment plans as required.
- Ensure that all quality documents meet the requirement of the process.
- Develop and implement training plans for the quality and production personnel to ensure conformance.
- Assist in the training process of Operators in performing quality requirements on part specific processes.
- Manage the corrective action system for both internal and external rejections including disposition of material.
- Provide for good customer relations and satisfaction for the purpose of problem solving, prevention and resolution.
- Analyze the Statistical Process Control (SPC) data and provide appropriate coordination of corrective action.
What are we looking for?
- At least 3 years of applied experience in Quality Management (TS16949/QS9000 or ISO) in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Should have stamping, roll & wire forming, welding & assembly process background.
- Knowledge of APQP Process, process improvements, in-process audits, 8D methodology.
- Hands on experience in an automotive supplier environment and be able to provide leadership in the areas of implementation, continuous improvement, and maintenance of an established Quality Operating System – preventing/eliminating defects in new or existing parts.
- Individual should have a take-charge approach and must not be afraid of a challenge.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Effective in Performing management supervision in leading a team.
- Excellent problem solving skills utilizing Corrective and Preventative (8D) action training.
- Knowledge of various measuring equipment is a must
Some travel is required.
If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, apply today!
More about us!
Atlanta Precision Metal Forming is an Atlanta, Georgia based metal stamping manufacturing company supporting automotive and industrial industries since 1965. APMF is a leading manufacturer of superior metal stamping products, offering innovative stamping and metal forming technology to the automotive and industrial sheet metal market. Metal components and welded assemblies manufactured by Atlanta Precision Metal Forming may be found in many of the current vehicles on the road today. Our stamping products range from automotive body stamping, structural components, to automotive seat stampings and head rest rods and tubes. Our manufacturing process capabilities include progressive stamping, as well as manual transfer stamping.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com